Yikes! Python Swallows BBQ Tongs


Talk about biting off more than you can chew! A few weeks ago, a snake owner had to take his python for emergency medical treatment after the animal swallowed a set of barbecue tongs. The Woma python swallowed the metal tongs whole, while being fed a mouse.


In the end, the snake required a complicated 25-minute surgery to remove the tongs. While snakes have the ability to regurgitate, there was a high possibility the python could harm itself because of the tong’s sharp edges.

Not to worry, the snake is now back to normal and expected to make a full recovery.


  1. I’m so relieved George is fine! I was so worried… I wish he died… No offense to the owner but I don’t like snakes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.