A patron at Idaho’s Tautphaus Park Zoo accidentally dropped their mobile device into water at the pelican exhibit this week. After a number of the birds played with the cell for a while, one of them swallowed the phone.
Zoo workers spent three hours trying to identify which bird had sucked down the cell. Fortunately, the swallowing bird eventually regurgitated the phone.
“We just need folks to be really cautious when they’re in the zoo,” said zoo superintendent Bill Gersonde, “and remember that they’re guests in the animals’ homes and they need to keep their personal belongings as close to them as possible.”